Professor and Head
Dr. Than Than Htay
-To come out innovative and outstanding students to improve the field of Mechanical Engineering
-Through the effective teaching-learning methods students are encouraged to learn more advanced technologies.
-To emerge talented and creative engineers in their professions.
-To increase the pass rate to more than 75% and to reduce the percentage of undergraduates’ drop-out to less than 5% for every Academic year.
Graduate Attributes (GA)
The Engineering Department has established the following learning outcomes in order to successfully achieve and satisfy our program objectives. These outcomes are subordinate to the program objectives and represent the skills and attributes our students should GAs at the time of graduation. At the end of six years programme, the graduates will be able to:
- Acquire and apply fundamental knowledge of Mathematics, Science, basic electrical and electronic engineering and Mechanical engineering focus in solving complex engineering problems.
- Apply first principles of Mathematics, Natural Science and engineering to identify, formulate and evaluate complex Mechanical engineering problems based on systematic approach and to reach sustainable conclusions.
- Design solutions for complex and design systems to meet desired needs with realistic constraints for economical, environmental, societal, public health and safety.
- Investigate and study complex engineering problems using literature survey, results of engineering experiments in workshops and laboratories as well as to analyse and interpret data information from research.
- Create and apply modern engineering technique, instrumentation, ICT based tools for prediction, modelling and solving complex engineering problem with an understanding of the limitation resources.
- Practice and apply reasoning informed by consideration in societal, health, safety, legal, cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Evaluate the impact of professional engineering technology solutions in a societal, environmental constraints and global context.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of an engineer.
- Display capability to work competently in the context of a diverse team within multidisciplinary environment, as an individual member with teamwork fortitude or as an inspiring leader with effective management skills.
- Communicate an engineering community and society to present effective report and design documentation with clear instructions.
- Demonstrate engineering management principle in their own /team work and management facilities in project as a leader.
- Recognize the need to take on independent life-long learning and continuous self-improvement in the context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To address the full range of technological and societal problems with creativity, investigation, confidence and responsibility to their chosen professional areas as mechanical engineering.
- To grace effective collaborators and leadership roles in their careers and to manage projects in environmental context, and also skills in the design development and application of mechanical systems in diverse industries with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- To retain the intellectual curiosity that motivates lifelong learning and continuous improvement of their knowledge related to technical fields, professional ethics and public health and safety allowing for a flexible response to the rapidly evolving challenges of the 21st century.
Contribution of the GAs to the PEOs
** AI = Achievement Indicator