What is MikroTik?
SIA Mikrotikls is a Latvian company which produces networking equipment and software for data network management purposes, internationally known with MikroTik RouterOS and RouterBOARD brands.
RouterOS software and RouterBOARD routers are widely used to ensure numerous network management tasks in complex ISP and enterprise networks. Network engineers with a good knowledge in MikroTik RouterOS are being demanded by Internet Service Providers and System Integrators throughout the world.
Academic program of MikroTik
MikroTik’s academic program is designed for educational institutions such as universities, colleges, technology schools, etc. that offer training in computer networks based on MikroTik RouterOS as a learning tool.
In 2019, Technological University (Meiktila) and SIA Mikrotikls concluded an agreement on the establishment of the MikroTik Academy at the university. Within the framework of this agreement, a study course will take place in (semester) of University, where students of the Faculties of Information Technology and other faculties will be able to acquire knowledge and practical skills in working with MikroTik RouterOS equipment and programs.
During their studies each student at MikroTik Academy receives:
- Various materials for self-preparation;
- Curriculum knowledge and skills relevant to the MTCNA scheme;
- Ability to work with MikroTik RouterOS and other integrated solutions from MikroTik;
- Providing an opportunity to obtain the MikroTik Certified Network Associate (MTCNA) certificate after passing the exam;
- Free RouterOS Level 4 license when you run the certification exam.
The main advantages for students trained in the MikroTik Academy are:
- Ability to gain knowledge with a strong practical and applied character in the field of computer networks;
- Acquiring additional qualification – internationally recognized MTCNA certificate;
- Conducting laboratory sessions with modern network equipment and a qualified lecturer